Tips For Choosing The Best Chemical Warehousing Company
Not all chemical storage companies are the same. If you don’t know what to look for, choosing one can be tricky. What should you keep in mind when comparing options? Here are five key considerations.
- Experience. Look at the company’s history. What other businesses has it served? Is the company’s experience in distribution and storage of hazardous chemicals limited to a specific sector? Chemical storage is hazardous, so you want a business partner that has seen it all.
- Expertise. Similarly, take a close look at the company’s methods. You can tell a lot about a chemical warehousing company’s expertise by looking at how it approaches chemical warehousing challenges. You should also ask about the expertise of on-the-ground workers. For example, third-party logistics (3PLs) are not necessarily trained in handling all classes and types of chemicals. A range of chemists and trained materials handlers are a big plus when it comes to safety.
- Resources. Types of warehousing facilities run the gamut. However, depending on your chemical storage needs, a one-size-fits-all approach might not be enough. Talk to the chemical warehousing company to get a better understanding of its resources and capacity to meet your unique needs.
- Reputation. What are other people saying about the company? While you can glean a lot of useful information by talking to company leadership or perusing its website, go one step further and talk to a third party. That can be industry insiders, past or current customers, or even regulators who are familiar with the company’s practices. A big-picture approach can save you a lot of trouble down the line.
- Location. In addition to internal operations, you want a chemical warehousing company that makes sense for you. Check out not only the primary facility location, but also any other branches. How close is it to you? What about your customers? Is the facility smartly positioned for quick transportation of chemicals?
Does SolvChem® Custom Packaging Division Fit the Bill?
Ultimately, the decision is up to you — but we’re confident that SolvChem® Custom Packaging Division will exceed your expectations in every regard. Our team is happy to talk to you and give you a more thorough understanding about what we can do for you. As we noted above, though, do your homework. Check out our customers and our reputation. We have a feeling you’ll like what you see.